Author Topic: What game systems have you been UNABLE to find a group for?  (Read 6498 times)

The Lost Carol

• Horse Puncher
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • The Lost Carol has no influence.
  • Kangaroo Uplift #0002
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
Re: What game systems have you been UNABLE to find a group for?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 10:24:37 PM »
To repost, I've been wanting to play Base Raiders (though I can't make the forum game,) Dread, and Hc Svnt Dracones. Also would love to try Poketopia or another Pokemon hack.

More than anything I just want to play a super hero game. Super heroes are my shit and it's strange that in the 4 years I've been playing tabletop RPGs I haven't played a super hero game yet.
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

Webmetz

• Horse Puncher
  • Webmetz has no influence.
  • Mighty User No. 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 12:05:23 AM »
To repost, I've been wanting to play Base Raiders (though I can't make the forum game,) Dread, and Hc Svnt Dracones. Also would love to try Poketopia or another Pokemon hack.

More than anything I just want to play a super hero game. Super heroes are my shit and it's strange that in the 4 years I've been playing tabletop RPGs I haven't played a super hero game yet.
If you are looking for a Pokemon game, take a look at Pokemon Tabletop United.  I played a quite a few games of it
(latest character was a electric elementalist/roboticist/Zekrom Worshipper who was styled off of Doc Brown. He had a Rotom and a Robo Metagross.  During a battle with unleashed Hoopa it fused with a suped up Grill that had a Hot Rod Engine powering it))
and its predecessor PTA (in which my fire themed psychic was killed by a master of disguise, and set the forests of lavaridge ablaze in his death throws)

I would love to play a Super Hero game too.   My current idea for a character is Fixer.  He constantly regerates any harm done to him by absorbing surrounding materials (meaning his body is a mishmash).  He also fixes people and things intuitively
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:12:03 AM by Webmetz »
Mighty User No. 9

eliasswift

• Horse Puncher
  • eliasswift has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 08:37:22 PM »
I actually have one that I can't believe I forgot.

After two failed campaigns (one just because we did one session and moved on despite interest, and one because nobody knew what the were doing in the game) I have yet to full sate this itch.

I've really wanted to be in a full season of World Wide Wrestling. Creative, Talent, whichever role is needed, I've really wanted this ever since I got a taste of the game.

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 12:59:37 AM »
Oh, I should also note Legend of the Five Rings. Actually my favorite game ever, and something I've wanted to play in a campaign of for a very, very long time.
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Sabwones has no influence.
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 02:14:49 AM »
Not exactly a campaign with established rules, but I've really wanted to try kludging together a Fury Road-style system where you play out a convoy rolling through a post-apocalyptic wasteland, something ideally focused down to 1-2 sessions with action/character/action/character scene shifting.

I'll tinker with it and prolly toss it up on the forums once I have something done.
Oi.

The Lost Carol

• Horse Puncher
  • The Lost Carol has no influence.
  • Kangaroo Uplift #0002
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 09:16:44 PM »
I forgot; also Leverage. All the Leverage. A heist RPG is so different from the fast majority of products on the market that's why I'm fascinated with the system.
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

jfan999

• Horse Puncher
  • jfan999 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 01:06:18 PM »
I would also like to give leverage a try.

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 04:06:29 PM »
Can confirm: Leverage is REAL fun. I keep pleading with James to continue the games of it he was running, but no matter how sexily I pout at him he just won't budge.
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 04:21:24 PM »
Man must have a heart of stone not to be swayed by that.
Oi.

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 04:25:49 PM »
Right?!

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 04:38:20 PM »
You've got to Mickey Bricks that shit, son. It's all grift.
Oi.