Author Topic: What game systems have you been UNABLE to find a group for?  (Read 6499 times)

Webmetz

• Horse Puncher
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Webmetz has no influence.
  • Mighty User No. 9
    • View Profile
What game systems have you been UNABLE to find a group for?

For me it has been...any game system really.

While I did find some iRC Eclipse Phase (died after 1 session), iRC Dnd (Died after 1 session), iRC Pokemon Tabletop United (Petered out after 10 sessions)... I still haven't found a group that would last.
Mighty User No. 9

jfan999

• Horse Puncher
  • jfan999 has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: What game systems have you been UNABLE to find a group for?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 01:27:09 AM »
I've been trying to sell folks on a base raiders game for a while, but haven't found many takers.

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Sabwones has no influence.
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:28:51 AM »
I was looking for some people for shorter one-off systems just to get some games under my belt, like Final Girl or Betrayal At House On The Hill, but alas they do rather need people to have Tabletop Simulator, and not every does.

Bugger.
Oi.

Edward

• Horse Puncher
  • Edward has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 04:08:37 AM »
well jfan999 remember I'm game to try out Base Raiders if you get more people. also webmetz you are reminding me of the time I played D20 modern and died after botching several rolls starting with a perform (Dance) check... those were dark times.

as for game systems I wish to play but haven't found a group for I will go with Nobilis
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:11:15 AM by Edward »

Webmetz

• Horse Puncher
  • Webmetz has no influence.
  • Mighty User No. 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 11:20:45 AM »
I myself would love to play Base Raiders, or any other super hero Role Playing System.

For a system (I cannot remember which), I had a character who could solidify and shape any visible energy. So, Electricity, Light, and Fire.   I called him Chromatic.
So, there were these 3 large spider robots who invaded central park.  My character rolled high enough to encase them in a barrier with a curved top, so they couldn't crawl out.  Then everyone proceeded to attack them through some holes in the barrier.
They exploded, and somehow we ended up in the future in an alternate timeline.
We were quickly picked up with what amounted to SHIELD.  I managed to freak them the fuck out as I managed to bring weapons past their weapon scanner.
Then that is where the game ended.

....now I want to play a 'ghost' character who creates bodies for himself from surrounding matter/possessing things. Possibly temporally binding other spirits to do the same.  I'd call him Shell. (Points for whoever gets the reference).
Mighty User No. 9

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 11:29:37 AM »
I, too, would love to be in another superhero game! Base Raiders would be neat, although you kind of need a consensus amongst the group. There is a setting for Base Raiders that is all about collecting stuff so that you can fight crime, but things get messy if only one person is following that and everyone else is looking for profit.

A game I've had an impossible time getting someone to run is Pathfinder. Specifically a setting of Pathfinder that encourages the use of the iconic heroes in the setting (both as PCes and NPCs). The comics and the card game have given me so much hype about them that I'd love a Pathfinder game where folk can take on the role of one of the iconics.
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

jfan999

• Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 12:01:07 PM »
I, too, would love to be in another superhero game! Base Raiders would be neat, although you kind of need a consensus amongst the group. There is a setting for Base Raiders that is all about collecting stuff so that you can fight crime, but things get messy if only one person is following that and everyone else is looking for profit.
I have a set up that sort of solves this problem: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n8o6kpIh17B5o-oq-iLSRFxP7l4rQNp3rRELFDUimjE/edit?usp=sharing
=
....now I want to play a 'ghost' character ...  I'd call him Shell. (Points for whoever gets the reference).

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 12:10:52 PM »
Oh, I would have the perfect character for that. She's a character I made for a playtest a long while back, that I enjoyed enough to seek playing her again. Never had the chance to, though.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iKrGLkIAzGRJZXY9GiVI0PMzjb3g4hjgFcbyRkr7_E8/edit
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

eliasswift

• Horse Puncher
  • eliasswift has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 12:34:51 PM »
Now that my schedule is a bit more solidified, I would honestly love to join the SCAB game if we end up doing one.

As for my games, I've got a ton...

Valkyria TOPIA: A remake of the Sordid Dystopia rules to fit in the Valkyria Chronicles universe.

World of Darkness University: A full Mortals campaign set using the University setting from Mysterious Places. It's basically an episodic investigation game where the characters keep getting pulled into stuff with the meta-arc being solving the mystery of the university.

eliasswift

• Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 12:52:12 PM »
Oh, and I almost forgot my most recent one:

Overwatch setting with Spirit of the Century (or maybe FATE Core, if stunts are too hard to deal with) rules.

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 01:04:42 PM »
Valkyria TOPIA: A remake of the Sordid Dystopia rules to fit in the Valkyria Chronicles universe.

WHAT.

DO YOU DESIRE MY LOVE? BECAUSE YOU'RE EARNING MY LOVE.

jfan999

• Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »
Looks like there's enough interest in base raiders to make a separate topic: http://forums.drunkandugly.com/index.php?topic=10.0

eliasswift

• Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 03:45:39 PM »

WHAT.

DO YOU DESIRE MY LOVE? BECAUSE YOU'RE EARNING MY LOVE.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_OqkedP7_ciSgu8_gH0ebNtzuzuHRFv8VQRsRFVcZ7Y/edit
If you want to read the bare bones rules I got you can take a peek.

Clockwurke Bear

• Horse Puncher
  • Clockwurke Bear has no influence.
  • what a spicy frog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 08:20:47 PM »
Systems in particular are probably Law's Out and Golden Sky Stories; The one a narrative one off game built around the concept of dramatic loss to bid for control of the scene as you tangle a web of strange western events, the other a Ghibli-esque feel good romp about circumstances and fixing them as someone magical in a mundane world. Conceptually I have many more that aren't in systems, but these two resonate with my desires in a way that disappointing my not being able to try it at all.

Stability wise I really want to have a long term game of Fellowship, though that's not a surprise as I am enamored with it to the point that I am rarely seen in an RPG discussion without heralding it's arrival like the second coming of Christ, but I want a cohesive group to enjoy it with long enough to get fully into it. I'm in a game right now so I can hope. I also wish to craft a game setting using Microscope and unfold that into something bigger in another, possibly more standard to me, system.

Finally a few years back I created a system hack for MaOCT along with a setting that I was both proud of and invested in, but I never got a chance for it to take off. Which is a shame, but you do what you can.
"I just realized I can flavor this as a magical girl, sooooo..."
"So that's your character now."
"How did you guess?"

eliasswift

• Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 09:11:15 PM »
Golden Sky Stories is really interesting, but everything I hear about Fellowship makes me so excited. I'd love to try that game so hard.