Author Topic: It's An Old Fashioned [STAND]-Off  (Read 4012 times)

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • luffy316 has no influence.
    • View Profile
It's An Old Fashioned [STAND]-Off
« on: September 14, 2016, 06:43:51 PM »
so I've been hearing a lot about this-here Jojo series

so what's your STANDO, forum? some fucker gets in your face with his psychic/magic chi powers personified, and you bust out your own Stand to defend yourself. What is it!?

bare bones rules that matter at all sometimes:
1. gotta have a music-themed name (normally a song, album, or a band
2. gotta have a power
3. fucking normies can't see Stands
4. be as vague or specific as you feel like in terms of details

there's also random generators out there if you can't make up anything yet

[HIGH-FIVE CITY] (a song by the Aquabats)
Appearance: a golden arm resembling a skeleton's, hovering about 2 inches above the owner's arm
Power: when the user raises their hand to indicate a high five, they can mark any target in their line of sight. The target is compelled to give the user a high five as their next action, and cannot move or act otherwise unless it is an action taken towards an open, barehanded slap to the user's palm. They can choose to stay still, but it will not break [HIGH-FIVE CITY]'s control unless the user lowers his arm. Anyone who high-fives the the user

Weakness: the Stand has almost zero offensive capabilities, and the target can hit the user's hand as hard as they wish.

Destructive Power D
Speed B
Range B
Durability C
Precision B
Developmental Potential B
"No one's going to quote you on that!" -luffy316, 2016

Juju-Monster-Man

• Administrator
  • Horse Puncher
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Juju-Monster-Man has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: It's An Old Fashioned [STAND]-Off
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »
I actually just did this a few weeks ago; *sigh* time to fanboy. A pre-emptive apology to everyone.

[Welcome to the Black Parade] (My Chemical Romance)
Appearance: Vaguely humanoid, skeletal figure with a deep black shadow covering its body. On its head is a hat which shifts decorative ornaments; in its hand is a walking cane formed from a spine.

Power: (As per the random generator) Descendent Evocation. The user is able to contact the minds of those who have yet to be born, especially their descendants and future lives. Communication with future lives and descendants is possible, as well as being able to gain memories, knowledge, skills, traits and other things whenever this power is being used. The user may be able to contact living relatives or friends.

The power of Black Parade develops similarly to Reverb or Tusk from Jojo's Part 4 and Part 7 respectively. As the stand grows more powerful its abilities evolve. Verse 1 (Solo) gives Descendent Evocation to the user. Verse 2 (Chorus) gives Descendent Evocation to individuals of the users choice (including themselves). Verse 3 (Finale) expands BP's power to physically manifest Descendents; future descendants are shadowy figures, living relatives are instantly transported to BP's location. Verse 4 (Encore) at this point BP completes the loop that time, the past is just the far future and the far future is merely a glimpse into the past. Encore allows BP to utilize both Ancestor and Descendent Evocation. The penultimate ability of which is to remove an individual from their descendants permanently removing them, and all recurring instance of them, from existence.

Weakness: Well, you have to have to have a descendent of some sort. Also, the physical stand is boarder line useless in a fight. It can take a punch, but it doesn't have any real destructive force.

Destructive Power: E
Speed: C
Range: B
Durability: A
Precision: C
Developmental Potential: A

So 2 notes:
1) To prove how fucking bad my love of MCR is, The Black Parade came on my Pandora while I was typing this post.
2) I might have BINGED read all of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Parts 1 through the current release of Part 8 over the last 2 weeks. I might have been trying my hand at creating something that would fit within Jojo's narrative framework.

Juju-Monster-Man

• Administrator
  • Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 08:42:53 PM »
On a much less serious note; my favorite Fan-Stand Ever:

[Kidz Bop]
Appearance: Ditto from Pokemon
Power: Copies the abilities of another stand, only shittier. For example, "High-Five City" would become "Low-Five Slum" and the target of the ability could do anything that isn't the motion being held by Kidz Bop's User.

Weakness: I CANT DO ANYTHING GOOD!

Destructive Power: E
Speed: E
Range: E
Durability: E
Precision: E
Developmental Potential: E

eliasswift

• Horse Puncher
  • eliasswift has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 11:22:43 PM »
I just personally use the Jojo Stand Generator for mine.

Here is my Stand that is the Ninja Sex Party cover of Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Stand Name: Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Stand Ability: [Parasite Manipulation](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Parasite_Manipulation)

Power - B

Speed - B

Range - B

Durability - B

Precision - B

Potential - D

Description: The power to influence parasites. Variation of Animal Manipulation. The user can manipulate all forms of parasites. This can be used to affect parasites within their hosts, and make them absorb more energy from the host, as well as cause pain in the host in question, as well as even killing the host. This can also be used to control parasites to be less painful to the host, or even remove them.

Clockwurke Bear

• Horse Puncher
  • Clockwurke Bear has no influence.
  • what a spicy frog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »
[Jukebox Hero] (song by Foreigner)
Appearance: A tall broad chested figure clad in dark gray spikes and accented in grapefruit red. It's body is almost a rectangle that had the image of a human carved onto it. It's face is a tangled basket of wires, obscuring all but a burning violet eye that trails a haze in it's motions. A heavy metal box covered in wicked blades is left dangling on a thick chain in it's enormous armored hands, connecting at the base to it's hip. It lumbers as it moves, but with a force of purpose behind it.
Power: [Erratic Phantasm] Jukebox Hero can create copies of an object or individual. These copies are illusory, and do not affect other objects, though for all intents and purposes are perceived by other living creatures as real. If a living creature other than it's owner comes in contact with one of the copies, it vanishes, replaced in an instant by Jukebox hero, mid swing with it's cubic flail. If positioned right this can knock the target into another illusion, continuing the chain. If the copies are of a mobile creature, they may be compelled to move and act as if they were real.
[Strength] Jukebox Hero is also a juggernaut, plowing through objects as long as speed is not a concern.
Weakness: The illusory copies can be detected by their non interacting with physical changes such as wind, or if something is thrown at them. As well the amount of them caps out at 10, and when a copy has been consumed it takes 10 seconds to produce a new one. Jukebox Hero is also slower than many offensive stands, so without Erratic Phantasm it has difficulty engaging fast targets. Finally, Jukebox Hero cannot be multiple places at once; if more than one copy is disturbed it will appear at whichever one was in contact last.

Destructive Power A
Speed C
Range B
Durability A
Precision D
Developmental Potential D
"I just realized I can flavor this as a magical girl, sooooo..."
"So that's your character now."
"How did you guess?"

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • luffy316 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 10:02:11 PM »
if my second-hand understanding of Jojo is right, wasn't there a guy who had this power?

"No one's going to quote you on that!" -luffy316, 2016

Juju-Monster-Man

• Administrator
  • Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 12:35:21 PM »
Yes. If you are okay with spoilers look up Killer Queen. They have a number powers, but the main one is turning any thing it touches into a bomb.

Capman

• Drunk GM and Ugly Talker
  • Administrator
  • Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Capman has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 01:38:38 PM »
Weirdly I learned that from watching the Jojo's Doom Mod
Be a Road Trip, not a Ponyfinder.