Author Topic: Pokemon Go Discussin  (Read 3974 times)

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • luffy316 has no influence.
    • View Profile
Pokemon Go Discussin
« on: July 14, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
so knowing that a few people on here have it, who here is on Pokemon Go?

how do you deal with the shaky servers? what's your strange catches and odd Pokestop checkpoints? what's with the religious undertones of every church, graveyard, and memorial being some sort of checkpoint?

I've had an entertaining but pretty mundane run of things, with most of my decent catches just being from evolving commoners. I, for one, immediately sold out my starter when I hatched another, stronger Charmander
"No one's going to quote you on that!" -luffy316, 2016

QueenAelin

• Horse Puncher
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • QueenAelin has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Pokemon Go Discussin
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 03:00:02 AM »
Funny you should ask. My university accepts corpses for scientific studies/dissection okay? When people don't want the body back for burial or cremation they place in a grave with the name and dates etc. in the campus graveyard. The graveyard is very hidden and requires walking through a very creepy path through the woods because stupid college kids would likely fuck with it. It is a gym. It's the most actively changed gym on campus of which there are 3 and it is covered in pokestops. I just find that both creepy and hilarious.

Capman

• Drunk GM and Ugly Talker
  • Administrator
  • Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Capman has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 09:41:34 AM »
so knowing that a few people on here have it, who here is on Pokemon Go?

how do you deal with the shaky servers? what's your strange catches and odd Pokestop checkpoints? what's with the religious undertones of every church, graveyard, and memorial being some sort of checkpoint?

I've had an entertaining but pretty mundane run of things, with most of my decent catches just being from evolving commoners. I, for one, immediately sold out my starter when I hatched another, stronger Charmander

Pokestops are based on the portals from Niantic's previous game Ingress.  They were suggested by players of the game.  I've heard Niantic is going to or is currently accepting submissions for new stops and gyms.

Captures are based on level.  To get more interesting and powerful Pokemon, you need to level up as a trainer.  People on the Pokemon Go subreddit are saying Level 20 is where the real dark souls begins.

I've been grinding towards 20 by catching a lot of trash pokemon and evolving all of them while under the influence of a lucky egg.  Got like 30,000 xp in 20 minutes like that yesterday.
Be a Road Trip, not a Ponyfinder.

cornbreab

• Administrator
  • Sidefaced
  • cornbreab has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 04:58:53 PM »
I may be the last millennial who doesn't have pokemon go... but I'm thinking of arriving fashionably ate to the poke party. Part of me just wants to be TOO COOL for it. but it seems like everyone is havin' a fun time
Mobsters and Other Childish Things: "Say hello to my VERY BIG FRIEND"

Capman

• Drunk GM and Ugly Talker
  • Administrator
  • Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Capman has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 08:23:18 AM »
If you want to try it, now is maybe the best time so long as you have no plans to try and take over gyms. The newest updates added a lot more Pokemon spawns and there's other stuff like the buddy system
Be a Road Trip, not a Ponyfinder.

Engelke

• Horse Puncher
  • Engelke has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 09:10:55 AM »
Just out of curiousity, is anyone in the community playing Pokemon Go these days? The weather's getting nice and I found myself wanting to go out and play again after not touching the game for over a year now. haha
These lightweight wheelchairs are really comfy which is surprising.

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • luffy316 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 01:21:42 PM »
I'm still at it. Pretty casually so not exactly storming parks, but I got a new phone so I can finally run it again a month or two ago

Walking my Wailmer around
"No one's going to quote you on that!" -luffy316, 2016