Author Topic: MAOCT Online Games  (Read 4910 times)

The Lost Carol

• Horse Puncher
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • The Lost Carol has no influence.
  • Kangaroo Uplift #0002
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
MAOCT Online Games
« on: July 09, 2016, 11:11:16 PM »
This would be a good hub for people to play MAOCT, one of the more beloved systems with the DNU.

Personally, I'm going to be running a remixed version of Road Trip as the next campaign for Technical Difficulties. I've run the game once, and would like to have more experience in the GM seat. If anyone would like to participate in an online game, I've got a one shot I've premade and I can run legs both from the original Road Trip and the custom legs I've made for my campaign. If anyone joins, please be patient with me and don't be afraid to tell me when I'm doing something wrong. I need all the experience I can get.
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

Clockwurke Bear

• Horse Puncher
  • Clockwurke Bear has no influence.
  • what a spicy frog
    • View Profile
Re: MAOCT Online Games
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 03:20:49 AM »
I am available for one offs as mentioned in an adjacent thread, and would love to help out!

As for anyone wanting to run MaOCT you can find me on skype as Cure Fleet Admiral; Magical Space Princess, or send me a PM on here to contact me. Despite limited tenure with the DnU proper I am very well informed with the system and am glad to help out in any way even if that is simply playing in once of my favorite systems.
"I just realized I can flavor this as a magical girl, sooooo..."
"So that's your character now."
"How did you guess?"

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Sabwones has no influence.
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 04:50:38 AM »
Consider me interested in some one-shot shenanigans also. You'll find me as Sabwones if not through Clockwurke.
Oi.

The Lost Carol

• Horse Puncher
  • Kangaroo Uplift #0002
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 09:17:14 PM »
Hopefully once we get another one or two players we can establish a time to play.
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

Punished_Potato

• Horse Puncher
  • Punished_Potato has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 11:38:30 PM »
Did somebody say MAOCT? Count me in!
If nuisances were a crime, how the heck wasn't I incarcerated?

The Lost Carol

• Horse Puncher
  • Kangaroo Uplift #0002
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 09:55:25 PM »
Anyone free the week after GenCon (the week of the 8th) for some MAOCT? Earliest date I can manage. Preferably evenings or Saturday's. Can't do Thursday's.

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »
Always interested in some MaOCT. Is it gonna be a campaign, or the aforementioned one-shots?
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

The Lost Carol

• Horse Puncher
  • Kangaroo Uplift #0002
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 09:52:06 PM »
One shots ATM. At least for the time frame mentioned it's just a one shot to help me get my sea legs. In theory, if there's enough interest and we can time it right I could run concurrent campaigns. That would be fascinating; seeing how two parties treat the same scenarios differently...

Clockwurke Bear

• Horse Puncher
  • what a spicy frog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 02:33:44 AM »
Anyone free the week after GenCon (the week of the 8th) for some MAOCT?

Very doable for me, that's when I free up again too. I presume that since it's Road Trip altered that it's Monster kids and not Weird ones?
"How did you guess?"

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 01:05:42 PM »
In theory, if there's enough interest and we can time it right I could run concurrent campaigns.

That'd be pretty fun, yeah! Let me know if/when you start recruiting for something like that; I'd be hella down.
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

The Lost Carol

• Horse Puncher
  • Kangaroo Uplift #0002
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 06:06:00 PM »
@Clockwurke Bear I don't have Bigger Bads, so I'd prefer Monster kids (though I might grab it at GenCon.) IDK, since it's Monsters and Other Childish Things even if the Monsters make it easier I'd like to run a Monster game.

If anyone is interested in a campaign, PM me with availability. The more I reflect, I think it'd be fascinating to run two concurrent runs of the same campaign. I've never heard of anyone doing that before, and I think it'd be fascinating.

Clockwurke Bear

• Horse Puncher
  • what a spicy frog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 09:57:01 AM »
To be honest weird kid mechanics are simple enough that Bigger Bads really isn't a requirement. That said it was more of a curiosity question since I find a blend really engaging, but I enjoy both the Monsters and the Other Childish Things so I would be happy enough to play a monster kid.
"How did you guess?"

The Lost Carol

• Horse Puncher
  • Kangaroo Uplift #0002
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 02:12:07 PM »
If it's not too difficult then I'd be down for a Weird Kids. I'm getting all Monsters in the Technical Difficulties game anyway (boy howdy, we've got some gems...).

Clockwurke Bear

• Horse Puncher
  • what a spicy frog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 01:38:50 PM »
They are remarkably simple, but the main difference is that they side step a lot of monster induced situations (including arguing), as well as that they are considerably less durable than a monster while still losing action economy with one body. It's an interesting juxtaposition, but mechanically they are easy as pie.
"How did you guess?"

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 03:50:46 PM »
Weird kids also feel like a lower power level, so they can allow for conflicts that aren't immediately solved by a monster. You can have an even lower scale of powers if you use the Monster Might tables from the Candlewick Manor book. Honestly, I find the power scales used in Candlewick way more interesting than the base game--at least for PCes.