Author Topic: Ask and you shall recieve: Rogue Trader is BACK!  (Read 4073 times)

Ninjaguiden

• Horse Puncher
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ninjaguiden has no influence.
    • View Profile
Ask and you shall recieve: Rogue Trader is BACK!
« on: February 20, 2017, 12:17:50 PM »
I had no idea you guys were planning to go back to this system and setting but I'm so glad you did! Setup seems nice so far, I like the kinda in media res start with the trial. Characters seems good, interested to see where the first mission will go with that cliffhanger.

Also Max and anyone else, I know way too much about 40k despite never having played the TT so if you want to ask something lore related I'm always happy to answer  :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:28:59 PM by Ninjaguiden »

Syn

• Horse Puncher
  • Syn has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: Ask and you shall recieve: Rogue Trader is BACK!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 12:42:45 PM »
Glad you're liking it so far! And similarly, I'm happy to share my understanding of the lore around my plot decisions with anyone curious. Not to overshadow your offer, guiden, just the lore as I understand it that guides my storytelling and the official canon are not always the same!

Ninjaguiden

• Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 03:12:26 PM »
Glad you're liking it so far! And similarly, I'm happy to share my understanding of the lore around my plot decisions with anyone curious. Not to overshadow your offer, guiden, just the lore as I understand it that guides my storytelling and the official canon are not always the same!

No offence taken here, I just love talking about 40k stuff, in fact it's the way I met with the guy who is now one of my best friends. I recommended this new campaign to him by saying that one member already took himself to zero hp with his own chainsword before any combat was even close, here's to your continued good luck Kevin ;D

40k leaves a ton of stuff vague on purpose, from the two lost Legions to the true plans of the Harlequins. What I'm interested to see is what you will do with the non-imperial remnants the explorers are sure to find among the Heathen Stars. These kinds of societies are always mentioned in the Horus Heresy stuff or as footnotes in codex but are not often explored in depth. I liked the hints of a creation myth on the murals. I'm guessing the building looks like a cathedral because that's what humans had been building for ages past?

Syn

• Horse Puncher
  • Syn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »
More or less, yeah. Unfortunately, there isn't too much Heathen Stars pre-imperial contact, since the plot required travel all over the Expanse, but it was definitely fun to imagine a civilization about fifteen degrees off the standard 40k style!

Ninjaguiden

• Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »
And now:
Spoiler: show
BONETHIEVES!
Jump to 3:44

Kevin

• Horse Puncher
  • Kevin has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 11:27:59 PM »

No offence taken here, I just love talking about 40k stuff, in fact it's the way I met with the guy who is now one of my best friends. I recommended this new campaign to him by saying that one member already took himself to zero hp with his own chainsword before any combat was even close, here's to your continued good luck Kevin ;D
[/quote]

Don't worry.  The luck keeps rolling. 

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 02:35:30 PM »
Whoa. Never knew this was a thing!

I am kind of curious why James's previous RT campaign was never continued, though. I'd have loved to play Avi again.
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • luffy316 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 11:57:10 PM »
well last episode did have a mention of the Schoenberg dynasty. they were quickly undermined, belittled, and generally ignored
"No one's going to quote you on that!" -luffy316, 2016

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 12:43:22 PM »
Hopefully that's a sign that the old RT campaign might come back.

And also that James will call me for that one. >_>
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

Syn

• Horse Puncher
  • Syn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »
Dude, if I start it back up, of course I'll call you back for it. I don't currently have any inspiration for further plots with it, unfortunately, but I'll let you know if I do.

Ninjaguiden

• Horse Puncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 04:13:47 AM »
Dude, if I start it back up, of course I'll call you back for it. I don't currently have any inspiration for further plots with it, unfortunately, but I'll let you know if I do.

There is always the Freaky Friday lever you can pull, this time for the whole party. Or a beach world episode.

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Sabwones has no influence.
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 12:23:34 PM »
I don't know if a 'Hot Springs' episode would translate well into the 40k 'verse, but dammit, we're willing to try.
Oi.

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 02:01:24 PM »

Cool, thanks. I miss that campaign, and the characters, quite a bit.

I don't know if a 'Hot Springs' episode would translate well into the 40k 'verse, but dammit, we're willing to try.

I will make it work.