The Drunk and the Ugly > Tabletops and You

Junji Ito's Japan Campaign Idea

<< < (3/3)

crazon:

--- Quote from: Sabwones on March 06, 2017, 02:12:10 AM ---Have you checked out Tremulous? It's a PbTA reskin for Lovecraftian mythos and it's more investigation-heavy, with a system for generating your town and populating it with threats. It might be worth a look if you're trying to find a system that balances crunch with flexibility.

--- End quote ---

I had heard of it before but wasn't sure how it worked. My group also really enjoys PbtA games since I introduced MotW. A thing I've found with MotW is it was hard to create a "pure" horror atmosphere due to the capabilities of the characters. But if this one is more set up for that aspect, could be worth a look.

Sabwones:
The general overview is that you have your location, then you have Threats that are more focused on the players, and you have a Doom, which is an overarching threat that will trigger the bad ending if left to run its course. The investigators are trying to survive long enough to work out what the Doom is and stop it.

In my last game, this resulted in the group betraying another player to sacrifice them to the big threat. That was...interesting.

crazon:

--- Quote from: Sabwones on March 06, 2017, 05:12:09 PM ---The general overview is that you have your location, then you have Threats that are more focused on the players, and you have a Doom, which is an overarching threat that will trigger the bad ending if left to run its course. The investigators are trying to survive long enough to work out what the Doom is and stop it.

In my last game, this resulted in the group betraying another player to sacrifice them to the big threat. That was...interesting.

--- End quote ---

One question: Recorded? :)

Sabwones:
My GM writes for Who Dares Rolls and as a matter of fact, my group is the bunch of buttmonkeys who he records the games of, but only in text form, as a few of our number are teachers and therefore there are some social media clauses they have to maintain.

You can, however, read more here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version