The Liquor Cabinet > General Discussion

Introduction Thread

<< < (2/2)

Laura B:
Who: Laura B. Alternately known as Alethea online. Sometimes. I've never been all that great about keeping one consistent persona for online and one for IRL
What: Technical Services Librarian — I call it the accountancy of librarianship; if you like the fiddly details it's a great job. Everyone else should run screaming for their own sanity. I also Podcast, write, and edit. More the editing than the writing lately.
When: 32. When did that happen?
Where: Washington DC.
Why: I love tabletop RPGs, and Actual Plays have become my main form of entertainment at work. DnU and RPPR got me to start my own podcast and get back into RPGs actually.

JetSet:
Who: Roy, AKA Chibi from the last version of the site. Went by a new name for the sake of keeping my accounts a little more connected. Kinda making a new name for myself too.
What: College student, in the job search. I write a little, not as much as I used to, and I game a lot.
When: I can drink now, so that's a thing.
Where: Edge of the Mojave.
Why: Friend in High school recommended the DnU to me, so I gave them a listen and found something I didn't know I was missing.

luffy316:
Who: Greg. luffy316, luffy316, Sandcastles, Greguardo, Jabberwock Cowboy, or King Handsome, depending where you look
What: man of whimsy and wordomancer. Write constantly for fun and various degrees of profit. Tend to have any number of projects between 2 and 10, from game systems, settings, half-baked novels, comics, and podcasts.
When: I feel like it
Where: Pennsylvania, where anything with a name brand that's not a gas station is about 30 minutes away
Why: I was making stories in my head whenever I was bored and wrote lists of things to pass the time in school. I had to take a writing class in college and a teacher reach my first paper and basically asked why the hell I wasn't pursuing writing.
Meanwhile, a highschool buddy got me into Dungeons and Dragons for a session or two. He told me whacky stories about his ogre shooting saplings as arrows and trying to fist-fight vampires (and failing), and invited me along once or twice. The GM specifically gave me the job to take a flashcard and draw out where everyone was going to be sleeping in the camp. It was a weird little bit of flavor that minutely changed how the ambush went, but made me feel special and it was a laugh in general, and a level of investment I wasn't expecting.
So couple years later, I decide to get my more regular friends into it. Didn't want to spend the time or money learning all of it, so read what I could find for free on the web and improvised the rest for my friends who didn't know better anyway. It was largely regular dungeon crawling with hilarity from the infighting, chaotic players. I end up tripping over Monsters and Other Childish Things on wikipedia and my basic reaction was "Wait, there's more than d20 stuff?" That rabbit holed me into the handful of RPPR games, and when pressing for more, I found the Road Trip LPs on their forums. When looking for MORE of that, found their site and binged my way through their stuff. I did a bit of online gaming as a result via text chat, but finally reached out through the birth of the old forums, 4chan, and Giants In the Playground to gather the initial Wrongclocks into playing Monster Force Zeta, and have hardly stopped since

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version