Author Topic: Introduction Thread  (Read 3285 times)

Capman

• Drunk GM and Ugly Talker
  • Administrator
  • Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Capman has no influence.
    • View Profile
Introduction Thread
« on: November 03, 2016, 10:20:46 PM »
Hey I just realized we didn't have one of these so oops.  Anyway let's cover the basics.

Who: I'm Matt.  I founded the podcast back in early 2011 and have been more or less running it since.
What: I'm podcaster/streamer/furry/crockpot extraordinaire.  I like the music of John Roderick, Johnathan Coulton, John Flansbury and John Linnell. . . basically any band that is led by someone named John (except weirdly for John Lennon).
When: I'm 29 but most of those things happened recently.  My taste in music and games was wildly different in college (a lot more anime and AAA productions)
Where: Chi-town baby.  Go cubs (although I live on the south side).
Why: I don't know.  Probably a lack of attention in grade school and now I need constant validation from anyone?  Take your pick.

If you want to introduce yourself this thread is great for that.  Maybe follow this format, maybe don't.  I'm not your dad.
Be a Road Trip, not a Ponyfinder.

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Sabwones has no influence.
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 03:21:05 AM »
You're not my Dad.
but maybe you could be

Anyway:

Who: I'm Luke. I go by Vinny (a nickname from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in secondary school) and/or Sabwones when online.
What: Amateur YouTuber, TRPG entheusiast, half-baked modder, reasonable cook, good with most animals. I currently sell expensive stuff to people. Not drugs. I mean, it's probably not drugs, but I don't always check inside the boxes. I mean, come on, what do I look like, border control?
When: Chronologially: 29, Physiologically: 46, Mentally: 15-1,084 (Depending on mood and levels of cantankerousness)
Where: The UK, by way of Brighton. Well, Hove, actually. Alright. Portslade.
Why: Excellent question. Answers on a postcard, please.
Oi.

cornbreab

• Administrator
  • Sidefaced
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • cornbreab has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »
Who: Charlotte, cornbreab is my moniker on most sites.
What: Filmmaker, artist, sometimes editor for the drunk and ugly and also i run the fb page for em too. Currently I sell wedding gowns to bridezillas. I like ttrpgs and baking and books and fashion and podcasts and the talking heads.
When: 22, fresh out of college!
Where: Chicagoooooo. Born and raised. My favorite place in the world (so far)
Why: Because I am a huge fangirl. The dnu is my favoritest favorite.
Mobsters and Other Childish Things: "Say hello to my VERY BIG FRIEND"

aRealDead1

• Horse Puncher
  • aRealDead1 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 10:24:05 PM »
Who: Uilly, because I have been stuck with a childish nickname that makes it sounds like I was raised in a gulag.
What: Part time independent bike mechanic, contract web development, and valet to fill in the rest of the time I am not riding my BMX or gaming.
When: 39, and feeling every bit of it as time pulls me closer to the Reaper's grasp and I hear his jaw bone cackling with a mockery of laughter at my failing mortality.
Where: Portland, OR but originally from Chicago, IL.
Why: Because I love PnP RPGs, and really enjoy playing online using virtual table tops. Also here to meet other players, and recruit for the games I run.

crazon

• Sidefaced
  • crazon has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Al Dente Rigamortis
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 02:35:28 PM »
Who: Chris, though I go by Crazon or Review Culitst generally online.
What: Graphic Designer/Newspaper Pagination, Freelance Illustrator/Cartoonist, and Podcaster, occasionally dabbles in film projects. The podcast lets me talk about the internet stories I enjoy reading most creepy and most pasta... and drag people who don't on the show so I'm not just gushing over garbage.
When: 29, though still loves my Nostalgia and Childish Things.
Where: Ontario, dwelling some where in the central backwoods of the Province and at an island location during the summer months. I often wonder why I live here come Winter.
Why: I love tabletop RPGs, and Actual Plays have become a main form of entertainment. the DnU is up near the top of my list of podcast I peruse through on a daily basis.
Player of serious silly games! Also host of "Al Dente Rigamortis" creepypasta podcast.

Laura B

• Horse Puncher
  • Laura B has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Laura B Writes
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 03:00:42 PM »
Who: Laura B. Alternately known as Alethea online. Sometimes. I've never been all that great about keeping one consistent persona for online and one for IRL
What: Technical Services Librarian — I call it the accountancy of librarianship; if you like the fiddly details it's a great job. Everyone else should run screaming for their own sanity. I also Podcast, write, and edit. More the editing than the writing lately.
When: 32. When did that happen?
Where: Washington DC.
Why: I love tabletop RPGs, and Actual Plays have become my main form of entertainment at work. DnU and RPPR got me to start my own podcast and get back into RPGs actually.

JetSet

• Horse Puncher
  • JetSet has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 09:58:21 PM »
Who: Roy, AKA Chibi from the last version of the site. Went by a new name for the sake of keeping my accounts a little more connected. Kinda making a new name for myself too.
What: College student, in the job search. I write a little, not as much as I used to, and I game a lot.
When: I can drink now, so that's a thing.
Where: Edge of the Mojave.
Why: Friend in High school recommended the DnU to me, so I gave them a listen and found something I didn't know I was missing.

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • luffy316 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 10:07:16 AM »
Who: Greg. luffy316, luffy316, Sandcastles, Greguardo, Jabberwock Cowboy, or King Handsome, depending where you look
What: man of whimsy and wordomancer. Write constantly for fun and various degrees of profit. Tend to have any number of projects between 2 and 10, from game systems, settings, half-baked novels, comics, and podcasts.
When: I feel like it
Where: Pennsylvania, where anything with a name brand that's not a gas station is about 30 minutes away
Why: I was making stories in my head whenever I was bored and wrote lists of things to pass the time in school. I had to take a writing class in college and a teacher reach my first paper and basically asked why the hell I wasn't pursuing writing.
Meanwhile, a highschool buddy got me into Dungeons and Dragons for a session or two. He told me whacky stories about his ogre shooting saplings as arrows and trying to fist-fight vampires (and failing), and invited me along once or twice. The GM specifically gave me the job to take a flashcard and draw out where everyone was going to be sleeping in the camp. It was a weird little bit of flavor that minutely changed how the ambush went, but made me feel special and it was a laugh in general, and a level of investment I wasn't expecting.
So couple years later, I decide to get my more regular friends into it. Didn't want to spend the time or money learning all of it, so read what I could find for free on the web and improvised the rest for my friends who didn't know better anyway. It was largely regular dungeon crawling with hilarity from the infighting, chaotic players. I end up tripping over Monsters and Other Childish Things on wikipedia and my basic reaction was "Wait, there's more than d20 stuff?" That rabbit holed me into the handful of RPPR games, and when pressing for more, I found the Road Trip LPs on their forums. When looking for MORE of that, found their site and binged my way through their stuff. I did a bit of online gaming as a result via text chat, but finally reached out through the birth of the old forums, 4chan, and Giants In the Playground to gather the initial Wrongclocks into playing Monster Force Zeta, and have hardly stopped since
"No one's going to quote you on that!" -luffy316, 2016