Author Topic: Disney Villains United  (Read 3903 times)

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • luffy316 has no influence.
    • View Profile
Disney Villains United
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:14:57 PM »
well done some forum roleplaying before, just nothing that really needed a GM. But I've been itching to find a place to run this, so let's see what we can do. DVV is a

Short version: on an Earth where every Disney movie within that general fantasy era is canon, except that the villains have all won in some capacity. Jafar rules Agrabah, the Huns rule China, Gaston slew the Beast and roams the world hunting more magical game, and Europe is being pulled apart by any number of mad queens, sorcerers, fae and popes. It's been about a generation since these black-hearted rulers came into power, and among the good folks, beasts and other entities of the world, a few start to rise up to set things right again.

Details are here. Not my making, just a project some guys on 4chan put together and tested a few times.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/188sdY5frwIsmjxlTt1dUSnUrRY_jcRVsPv5Q_B3kN6I/edit#heading=h.42lplrur18gq

planning on a play by post, checking in every few days. A few basic things to note more than extra rules:

-I'm going to actively try to not make the world into "References: The Game." I didn't watch all the  tv shows, and I saw most of these movies once or twice. Please, do litter your abilities and origins with quotes and nods, but most common folks you'll meet are going to be random sorts. The major characters tend to mean trouble, our former protagonists are generally missing, hiding, or dead. Your party is the best chance for change now. It’s dark, but not hopeless. There’s good worth saving.

-All players don't need to be pure hearts or even necessarily heroic, but capable in their own right, willing to work with odd sorts (like the rest of the party) even if it means some bickering, and are willing to change the world for the better if it comes up. Conmen, knights, Christian crusaders, talking birds, fairies, farmers with something to prove, pirates, dinosaurs, wandering minstrels, half-llama mutants, Aztec warriors, amateur sorcerers, and minor demigods are all perfectly feasible characters with a half-assed excuse to be out and about. And with a world run by tyrants, there's always some good to be done, and, well... the grass is always greener, right?

-How did you come to be on the ship of William “Steamboat” Harper? Did you pay your way aboard or are you working it off? I have a basis of an idea where to start and take the story, but the party's origins and wishes will shape both immensely as needed.

Steamboat's a stout man getting on in years, with big mutton chops, graying brown hair, and a vague, traveled English accent. Any asking around gets some mixed results, but he's generally stingy to all but his friends, drinks like a fish, and he can get you just about any goods you'd imagine for the right price.
Any personal interactions find him a bit bumbling and slightly paranoid, but jolly, chatty, and wise about the world once he's comfortable.

-All players had a vision recently; a far too clear dream. A tall, blue-clad wizard, mulling over a pot in a poorly-lit room of stone. He speaks softly, leaving each dreamer to hear different words in different places. But he speaks of a terrible darkness that has overcome the world. Yen Sid can feel that the world has gone all wrong, and that someone has twisted it to be this way. The world needs a change, and you're the one to do it. Seek allies, rob the kings of their power at every turn, and do not speak the name of Chernabog. As soon as he says the name, the vision ends.

anybody onboard, feel free to whip up a character sheet or ask questions. figuring minimum of 2 and max of 6 players

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:04:54 PM by luffy316 »
"No one's going to quote you on that!" -luffy316, 2016

Clockwurke Bear

• Horse Puncher
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Clockwurke Bear has no influence.
  • what a spicy frog
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Villains United play-by-post invite
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 12:10:37 AM »
I'll probably get something up sooner or later. Just need to wrangle the mechanics together for a sheet.
"I just realized I can flavor this as a magical girl, sooooo..."
"So that's your character now."
"How did you guess?"

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
    • View Profile

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 10:17:18 AM »
well, suppose can close down the invite. I reached out to a few old rp buddies and got a text game going. and lucky us, I got a /tg/ request thread to draw the party for me

http://imgur.com/a/B5rNU

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 11:05:05 PM »
annnnd started recording and posting on the community site again. first ep up http://community.drunkandugly.com/2016/12/13/disney-villains-victorious-ep-1-make-american-colonies-great-again/

got part 2 coming soon

crazon

• Sidefaced
  • crazon has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Al Dente Rigamortis
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 11:14:14 PM »
"Just throw the Hydra into Wonderland, problem solved!"

Gustav: "This is a Whimsical Hellscape, yes?"

I need to use that descriptor in something.
Player of serious silly games! Also host of "Al Dente Rigamortis" creepypasta podcast.

crazon

• Sidefaced
    • View Profile
    • Al Dente Rigamortis
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »
Ryan: So Aideen’s going to walk over to the Kronks.
Max: YES, PERFECT! According to plan!
Greg: WHAT! What plan?
Max: Listen, it’s not a complex plan? But it’s straight forward.

Ryan: Aideen’s going to use her big up at Kronk and point at the tiara.
Greg (Playing Kronk): Oh, Oh my god, I’m sorry, so sorry, I didn’t realize you were a Jeweler.

Kronk: A princess eh? Don’t have one of those here, don’t know what that is.
Aideen: Uh, a princess is… is…
Rutabaga: Exactly like a jeweler!

Max: Listen I can’t tell, all these Kronks look the same to me.
Greg: Ohhhhh Man, Podcast over. Gotta shut it down.

Greg(As NPC): Drinking one of the potions is like russian roulette.
Ryan: Aiden nods slowly.
Greg: Do you know Russian Roulette?
Ryan: Aideen shakes her head.
Greg: Do you know regular roulette?
Ryan: Aideen shakes her head.
Greg: Do you know gambling?
Ryan: Aideen opens her mouth, then shuts it and shakes her head.

I may be enjoying these Disney games a bit more than I should. XD
Player of serious silly games! Also host of "Al Dente Rigamortis" creepypasta podcast.

crazon

• Sidefaced
    • View Profile
    • Al Dente Rigamortis
Re: Disney Villains United
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 12:07:30 AM »
(Yzma has Aideen as a hostage. Jagged knife at the ready.)

Yzma: Alright, Everyone! Little man! Got the girl! No one move or I'll DO IT! Dont think I WONT!!!
Greg: And she will uh... yeah, make an intimidate attack on Gustav... 'cause Im very confident this wouldn't affect him.
(Rolling commences, stat stuff)
Greg: Well she's got really low Charisma but pretty high Intimidate.
Ryan: Does she used Nudity?
Yzma: AND I'LL PULL MY BOOB OUT!!!
Ryan: NOOOOOOOO!!!
Yzma: I'll kill the girl, and pull out my boob...
Greg(who was just playing Yzma): Ewwwwggggg!!!

Max: The old witchy titty?
Greg: I'll give you the cold one!

Ryan: Everyone's doing the Fonz, like "Ehhhh!"
Greg: Ehhhaaaa!... WAZAAAAAAAAAAAP!
Max: Ugh.
Greg: REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE!
Max: I wish I didn't.

(Aideen feeling down about going berserk)
Greg: Look, if no one else will, BlackAnchor will sit her down and go...
BlackAnchor: Look kid, you need someone to talk to... Im gonna send in AnchorWhite.
(Amidst Ryan laughing)
Greg: And then he's gonna just walk away like, Im no good at this.
BlackAnchor:I am not good with girls or kids.
Ryan(as BlackAnchor): You need a strong fatherly figure to talk to right about now, and THAT is nooooooot meeee.
Greg (as BlackAnchor): I kinda killed a couple of people yesterday, sooooo...

Ryan: Gustav is probably the most fatherly character around.
Greg: I too wish Gustav was my Dad.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:35:49 PM by crazon »