The Liquor Cabinet > Forum Roleplaying

Character Bank 2.0

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sabwones:
John Does seems like an interesting concept, not just the 'unobtrusive' part, but having a vastly contradictory backstory. Makes me imagine he's some kind of narrative figment, a literal everyman.

Aabcehmu:

--- Quote from: Sabwones on July 24, 2016, 03:01:27 PM ---John Does seems like an interesting concept, not just the 'unobtrusive' part, but having a vastly contradictory backstory. Makes me imagine he's some kind of narrative figment, a literal everyman.

--- End quote ---

That is more-or-less what I was going for. He's a boy who's been written into existence, borrowed from the fragments of dozens of separate childhoods by a mysterious entity that takes the shape of a middle-aged woman for purposes unknown. If John were ever used, as a pc or npc, I'd hope that other projects that the 'Godmother' (who may or may not also be 'Fairy') worked on would come to light as well. Where these history-fragments come from, how they're made and why the Godmother seems connected to them could be latter plot-points.

Nayt:
Wild Talents / Prominence-verse

Karesinda Megaloj, aka Gigas Vitro.

BIOGRAPHY
Spoiler: showA woman who suffers from an extreme case of gigantism. At about 9'2, she is taller than any human ever has been. Contrary to myths of her condition, Kare's bones were actually incredibly fragile and she was confined to a wheelchair for almost half her life. Her heart was never powerful enough to circulate blood through her whole body with any degree of efficiency, her bones eventually could not sustain her height, and innumerable health issues spawned when Kare's over-active pituitary gland was artificially shut down. Kare approached life knowing it was temporary: made as many friends as possible, took as many opportunities as she could, and never passed up a chance to experience something unique. After all, no one with her condition ever lived past thirty. If nothing else, heart failure would be the end of her.

But two years ago, on her twenty-third birthday, she was surprised by friends and family with an act of charity: the world renowned surgeon and bio-tech engineer, Dr. Zachariah Gray, offered to provide Kare the first publically available procedure to restore her quality life--and even triple her expected lifespan. No cost. Just a long recovery time. Kare accepted.

The procedure was . . . complicated. Replacing much of her circulatory system (including her heart) with specially engineered, better parts. Secondly, replacing the bones of Kare's extremities with bio-tech facsimile: "bones" that could support her size, joints that'd let her keep her balance, and all out of materials that heal almost exactly the same as any ordinary bones.

And that was it. It went without a hitch. Two years of physical therapy and Kare was just a better human.

Then came the Reaper War, an international crisis that threatened all civilization. A madman sought to end the world. With the efforts of the Coalition of Heroes, he was stopped. But the world was wounded. Hundreds of millions of people without homes, entire cities reduced to rubble. Including Kare's home. Evacuations went surprisingly well; the Olympic stadium in her hometown was built well enough that it could survive a war. What came next, however, was messy. Rebuilding took effort, and there weren't enough people to spare for that effort. Kare took it upon herself to volunteer.

But rebuilding wasn't the hardest part. Sure, Kare devoted a lot of herself and her new strengths to aiding thousands, but the real problem were the looters, the murderers, and the madmen. All the worst of humanity that clawed out from under the rubble. It was only a matter of time before relief workers had to wear armor--and only a matter of time before Kare sought out these maniacs herself, to make her city a safer place.

APPEARANCE
Spoiler: showKare is a woman from northern Spain, about 25 years old. She is absurdly tall and lithe: 9'2 and 230 pounds. She has dark skin, green eyes, dark hair kept short and out of her eyes, and features proportional to her height. Like Robert Wadlow of the early 20th century, none of her features are exaggerated or awkward--she looks like any other human would, only twice as tall.

The appearance of Kare's alter-ego, Gigas Vitro, is still rather rudamentary. Light kevlar over the torso and legs, no sleeves, gauntlets, and a half-mask across her jaw and lips. It's all less to protect her identity (because that's impossible) and more to protect herself from knives, bats, dogs, and etc. Firearms aren't exactly a problem where she's from and it's rare for non-police officers to even own a firearm, so her costume doesn't account for them.

POWER PERMISSIONS
Spoiler: showCyborg + Inhuman Stats. I'm leaving 25 points free for Power Permissions. I'm at work at the moment and don't have access to anything other than the Wild Talents reference sheet.

STAT BLOCK
Spoiler: showWILLPOWER      6
Body: 4 (Athletics: 1, Block: 1, Brawling: 2, Endurance: 2, Melee [Improvised]: 2)
Hyper: 1+1w (Athletics: 1h, Brawling: 1, Endurance: 1h)
Coord: 2 (Dodge: 2, Stealth: 0, Drive [Vehicle]: 0, Ranged [Rifle]: 1)
Hyper: 4
Sense: 3   (Empathy: 2, Perception: 2, Scrutiny: 2)
Mind: 3   (First Aid: 3, Medicine: 2, Navigation: 1, Research: 4, Security: 0, Streetwise: 0,    Survival: 2, Tactics: 0, Disguise: 0)
Charm: 3   (Lie: 2, Persuation: 2)   
Comm.: 3 (nterrogate: 1, Intimidate: 4, Stability: 3)

Miracle: Immunity (Knockdown). 2h

LOYALTIES & PASSIONS
Spoiler: showFriends (2), Family (2), Dr. Gray (2)

POINT VALUES
Spoiler: showPermissions: 25, Stats: 90, Hyperstats: 36, Skills: 82, Hyperskills: 5, Miracle: 9

Nayt:

Adrian Zale, aka Papertrail.

BIOGRAPHY
Spoiler: showOnce upon a time, Adrian Zale was the second wealthiest man alive. A media mogul, a pharmaceutical kingpin, an investment wizard, oil tycoon, and a security broker; you name something Big, and he's been there. But the world of the wealthy is unkind; every dynasty is out for the top spot, the #1 richest person in the world. So, when the #1 died of heart failure, Zale--who'd then become the wealthiest man alive--was put in the crosshairs.

Zale was thirty at the time. Started his investments young, filtered through his (now deceased) father, climbed from middle class to top percentile by the time he could legally drink.

A simple patent dispute was the silver bullet to kill his legacy. His next generation of security cameras--which toted full color, fluid motion footage--just happened to have a similar technology (although claimed to have been built prior to the patent's claim) to the recording device of an upcoming cell phone. Enough damages were sought to utterly destroy him. And they did. Nearly. But financial ruin wasn't what nearly did him in. It was the loss of his most trusted partner: his father, Christopher Zale. Death from heart failure, but with no prior warning signs.

With what fortune he has left, Adrian funds justice. Or is it revenge? Something between the two? It doesn’t matter. There are costumed vigilantes that could use the money, people willing to do what the law won’t. Hell, he might even be able to afford a mask of his own.

Adrian’s mother, Maria, survives. Adrian hardly has the time to call her (and avoids it even when he does), but he sends her a check every month. She hasn’t cashed a single one.

APPEARANCE
Spoiler: showAdrian is a short man of Israeli descent. Dark hair, stylish glasses, green eyes, dark skinned, and lean muscled. He’s meticulously clean cut, has a thousand dollar hair cuts, and wears fine, tailored suits. He looks like a rich, nerdy fop, hardly the type of person that funds vigilantism and even performs it himself when he must.

That being said, Adrian is not a fighter. He’s gotten into a few scraps, taken some training, and can passably defend himself, but his greatest strength are friends in high places and the untraceable cash he can dump into solving a problem.

POWER PERMISSIONS
Spoiler: showGadgeteering. I'm leaving 20 points free for Power Permissions. I'm at work at the moment and don't have access to anything other than the Wild Talents reference sheet.

STAT BLOCK
Spoiler: showWILLPOWER      6
Body: 3 (Athletics: 1, Block: 0, Brawling: 2, Endurance: 0)
Coord: 2 (Dodge: 2, Stealth: 0, Drive [Vehicle]: 2, Ranged [Pistol]: 1)
Sense: 3   (Empathy: 2, Perception: 2, Scrutiny: 2)
Mind: 4   (First Aid: 1, Medicine: 2, Navigation: 1, Research: 5, Security: 2, Streetwise: 0,    Survival: 0, Tactics: 0, Disguise: 2)
Charm: 4   (Contact [The Coalition of Heroes]: 1, Lie: 2, Persuation: 2)   
Comm.: 2 (Interrogate: 1, Intimidate: 0, Stability: 2)
Wealth: 3, 2h, 1w

Specialties
Persuastion (Smoozing): 1

Miracle: The Gadgeteering related Miracles are regrettably not in the WT reference doc, so I'll have to copy and paste them from the book when I'm not at work. I'm leaving 50 points for Miracles. I recall Gadgeteering being expensive as hell.

LOYALTIES & PASSIONS
Spoiler: showRevenge (3), Family (2), Justice (1)

POINT VALUES
Spoiler: showPermissions: 20, Stats: 90, Skills: 64, Contacts: 3, Specialties: 1, Wealth: 22, Miracles: 50

Nayt:
I think at this point I'm just drafting up WT pregens that can be used in any Prominence-like setting. I got superhero concepts for days up in this head noodle. Honestly, if anyone wants to make use of these characters (feel free to change the backstory, some of them reference events in the Prominence-verse, but the serial numbers are easily filed off and replaced with any kind of disaster you'd like), please do. I don't think they'll ever see use otherwise, hahaha.

Piotr Teranakov, aka Metallus Rex.

BIOGRAPHY
Spoiler: showThe resurgence of heroes and costumed adventurers dropped right in the midst of Piotr Teranakov's adolescence, and the then young teen couldn't have been happier. News feeds were flooded with the exploits of new heroes--of Ghost, the Wraith, Clockwork, Panopticon, the Red Dragon, the Thane of Sydney, all just to name a few--and the very concept of true life tales of action, adventure, romance, and danger enamored him for years. Piotr wanted to be like these people. He wanted to live these things he'd only ever seen in comic books before.

So he trained. Martial arts, power lifting, agility training, everything he could think of that could make a good adventurer out of him. Throughout high school, he even took extra shop and home-economics courses to learn how to build and weave all the kinds of armor he'd need to survive.

But here's the rub of it: Piotr's got his armor, his suit, self-training, and been on a few exciting climbs, but he's only just graduated high school and he's never been in a fight. The life of the costumed adventurer seems glamorous in the stories--but is hell in reality. This kid's got no idea what he's in for.

APPEARANCE
Spoiler: showPiotr is an eighteen-year-old boy of Russian descent, about 5'10, 200 pounds. He's fairly well muscled and athletic, has slicked back black hair, green eyes, and a strong jaw. Facial hair continues to elude him. As his adventurer persona, Metallus Rex, he wears a black sleeveless shirt and thick black pants underneath a metal breastplate, with cuisses and greaves over his legs. He's left a lot of the linking components missing for ease of movement, and keeps them taughtly strapped to his body. He covers his face with a red scarf tied over his nose and mouth and wears a ball cap over his hair.

His alter ego's appearance remains subject to change, of course, based solely on the kinds of armor he builds in the future.

POWER PERMISSIONS
Spoiler: showI'm leaving 10 points for Permissions available; I don't yet know if I want to go with Power Theme (Armorsmith) or something different. I'm going to err on the side of Armorsmith, though.

STAT BLOCK
Spoiler: showWILLPOWER      5
Body: 3 (Athletics: 3, Block: 0, Brawling: 3, Endurance: 2)
Coord: 4 (Dodge: 1, Stealth: 0)
Sense: 4   (Empathy: 0, Perception: 4, Scrutiny: 4)
Mind: 3 (First Aid: 2, Medicine: 0, Navigation: 2, Research: 0, Security: 2, Streetwise: 1, Survival: 1, Tactics: 0, Disguise: 3)
Charm: 3   (Lie: 2, Persuation: 3)   
Comm.: 2 (Interrogate: 1, Intimidate: 1, Stability: 2)

Specialties
None.

Miracle: Armorsmith. 8d
* Qualities: Defends (+2), Useful (+2)
* Extras & Flaws: If/Then: requires a forge of some kind (-1), If/Then: takes 24-width hours to complete (-1), If/Then: everything he builds must have the following extras, flaws, and qualities: Armored Defense, Defends, Endless, Focus, and Power Capacity (Self) (-1), Permanent (+4), Power Capacity (mass) (+0), Variable Effect (+4),
* With enough time, materials, and a good work space, Piotr can construct all kinds of armor--chainmail, kevlar plate, leather, reinforced cloth, and even some super-science stuff if he's got the materials for it. He can sometimes even embed useful tools in them.

LOYALTIES & PASSIONS
Spoiler: showAdventure (3), Mom & Dad (2)

POINT VALUES
Spoiler: showPermissions: 10, Stats: 95, Skills: 73, Contacts: 0, Specialties: 0, Wealth: 0, Miracles: 72

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version