Author Topic: Criticism and Comments  (Read 10034 times)

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Sabwones has no influence.
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
Re: Criticism and Comments
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 01:04:43 PM »
ohgodifeelsobadforsayingallthis

Being totally fair to you, looking at these skins, they suffer from being really, really goddamn specific. Stuff like the Creature limits you to water...but what if you want to be a bug-person, who changes via a cocoon? It feels like most of those skins could do with some re-interpretation to open them up more. Having an invisible skin is a neat idea, but locking away all interaction behind a dice roll is just bad design.

Edit: Ah, there's also the option of just being invisible...but that also raises a bunch of goddamn problems. Bah.

youreacooldudemaxreally
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:12:26 PM by Sabwones »
Oi.

Clockwurke Bear

• Horse Puncher
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Clockwurke Bear has no influence.
  • what a spicy frog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 01:56:13 PM »
ohgodifeelsobadforsayingallthis

Being totally fair to you, looking at these skins, they suffer from being really, really goddamn specific. Stuff like the Creature limits you to water...but what if you want to be a bug-person, who changes via a cocoon? It feels like most of those skins could do with some re-interpretation to open them up more. Having an invisible skin is a neat idea, but locking away all interaction behind a dice roll is just bad design.

Edit: Ah, there's also the option of just being invisible...but that also raises a bunch of goddamn problems. Bah.

youreacooldudemaxreally

Hahahaha it's okay. I wasn't offended. I appreciate criticisms, I just am not sure how to... Utilize this one was all? I did my best to play her where she was going after interactions started playing out, but it doesn't fix the underlying issue. I hope people can just use this game as a reason to not use SftS skins, which is something to get out of it.
"I just realized I can flavor this as a magical girl, sooooo..."
"So that's your character now."
"How did you guess?"

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 02:12:37 PM »
I just wish there was anything to be learned out of the experience to better the future, but alas I mostly got "don't touch Skins for the Skinless despite it looking cool".

Unfortunately, that's pretty much it. You're a good roleplayer and you roleplayed that skin as it was designed, it just so happens that the skin itself is awful.
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 02:42:23 PM »
Hahahaha it's okay. I wasn't offended. I appreciate criticisms, I just am not sure how to... Utilize this one was all?
Yeah. I think I was just inarticulately rambling without a purpose in mind, I just wanted to vent. Yer a good dude.
Oi.

Sabwones

• Pug Life
  • Bonehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 12:06:23 PM »
Okay. All sins have been forgiven for that goddamn 'thing' innuendo.

I love you guys.
Oi.

jfan999

• Horse Puncher
  • jfan999 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 02:44:26 PM »
Yes! Masks! Though if I (and/or Manda and/or Zach) were in it, it wouldn't be something recorded for the podcast. If I recall correctly, the cast in the first episode Axe ran was Manda, Zach, Josh, Travis, and myself; if he picks that up again (and I hope he does), I don't expect it to be posted.

That said, I'm sure the DnU cast will play and post it eventually!

For those curious about Masks the PDF just came out you can find it here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/193258/Masks-A-New-Generation

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 04:08:19 PM »
Oh man, it's finally released?!
. o O (I think I must agree with Sliss. The "Fat Chance" would have been a perfect name for our ship.)

jfan999

• Horse Puncher
  • jfan999 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 04:18:31 PM »
Yes new today, if I had more time/players I would be running it now.

Nayt

• Pug Life
  • Nayt has no influence.
  • Former Cast Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 04:28:18 PM »
Mother of God.

If I weren't at work right now, I'd be spamming all of my friends and erstwhile colleagues' Skypes with a link to the file and the message, "SO WHY AREN'T WE PLAYING THIS RIGHT NOW?"

The flayer of trolls

• Horse Puncher
  • The flayer of trolls has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »
I did get myself a copy of it as well. I did not have much money but I chipped in for a pdf copy during the kickstarter.

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • luffy316 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »
so I don't recall it coming up apart from the Lance-O's brain special, but have the Drunk and Ugly ever considered any of the Powered By Apocalypse stuff? the open-endedness of basically everything in the games sounds like something up the gang's alley
"No one's going to quote you on that!" -luffy316, 2016

Juju-Monster-Man

• Administrator
  • Horse Puncher
  • Juju-Monster-Man has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 08:22:40 PM »
There are a few games being designed and slotted into the schedule. Monster Hearts and Apocalypse World specifically. Dungeon World has been thrown around as well. Do you have any suggestions for systems in the PBTA system?

crazon

• Sidefaced
  • crazon has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • Al Dente Rigamortis
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2017, 09:12:39 PM »
I'd be interested to hear DnU run Monster of the Week or Spirit of 77.
Player of serious silly games! Also host of "Al Dente Rigamortis" creepypasta podcast.

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 09:36:14 PM »
Agreed, I could see Monster of the Week as well. an actual long-term game of that would be cool

I had some giant list of PBTA systems somewhere I can't dig up anymore, but the fucked up amount of  in Fellowship could be neat. Not really for me, but I hear good things about that World Wide Wrestling

luffy316

• Drunk and Ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »
Agreed, I could see Monster of the Week as well. an actual long-term game of that would be cool

I had some giant list of PBTA systems somewhere I can't dig up anymore, but the fucked up amount of  in Fellowship could be neat. Not really for me, but I hear good things about that World Wide Wrestling

Apocalypse World and Dungeon World also fun in the right hands. and there was that one I found that was an official RPG of Kill 6 Billion Demons, called Broken World

and take or leave it, did Base Raiders or Red Markets ever get any longterm play that we haven't seen yet?