--- Quote from: Nayt on September 06, 2016, 08:27:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sabwones on September 06, 2016, 08:26:36 PM ---SHUT UP NAYT

--- End quote ---

YOU FIRST YOU LIMEY BASTARD

--- End quote ---
I WILL GIVE YOU A TASTE OF THE BACK OF MY HAND, LADDIE

eliasswift:
Let me put my opinion in an anecdote.

In order to test out the new mechanics, I made a character. After making the character, I was very happy, and was excited for any game of second edition I would encounter.

I tried making the character in the first edition of 7th sea and felt underpowered and was not wanting to play the character.

Other than that, the one concern I have about the mechanics is this: With a particularly crappy roll, you literally could lose the ability to even act at all. In a dramatic scene (which, seems like a weird thing to do a long term roll for) you could hypothetically not get any raises and therefore literally not be able to do anything of significance. So that's the one issue I have.

Also, eat a parcel of penises Nayt.

Nayt:

--- Quote from: eliasswift on September 06, 2016, 08:33:49 PM ---Also, eat a parcel of penises Nayt.

--- End quote ---

I deserved that.

jfan999:
Does anyone have any opinions on the changes in he setting materials. I'm not the most well versed in the setting of the game but I definitely noticed a big change in the Vesten lore.

Syn:
I think it works nicely. The civil war (and I'm opening myself up here for some very legitimate criticism here, given the 7th sea eps that have been going up) was interesting, but very difficult to GM. Plus, I think it's better for animosity between the vendel and vesten to be a character choice rather than a default cultural identity. Beyond that, I'm all about the adding of a new nation in the form of the Sarmatian Commonwealth, and I dig that they've made being a glamour mage have a great deal more flavor significance than just being some random englishman who acts like a folk hero.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version