The Liquor Cabinet > General Discussion

Stranger Things

(1/3) > >>

cornbreab:
I mean, c'mon. This show is like a perfect blend of everything everyone likes from the DnU. If you've seen it let's talk about it cause I can't get enough of it. Maybe even draw some comparisons to the drugly folks, who knows

Clockwurke Bear:
I'm only four episodes in, but dang it's pretty solid. The 80's almost period piece encapsulated in recreating that genre of not-quite-horror thriller has been stupendous. I'm excited to see where it goes, and excited as well that it's results were positive enough to earn a second season.

Sabwones:
I've blasted through the whole series and I agree. I think it's because the DnU crew have such experience in this genre of 'eerie shit clashing with mundane drama' through Monster Hearts, MaOCT, etc.

Very interested what they'll do for a second season, though.

cornbreab:
Yeah, watching Stranger Things gave me the confidence that my future goal of a Mrs. Friedas TV show ISN'T too weird to succeed. If they can do it we can do it lmao

Clockwurke Bear:

--- Quote from: cornbreab on September 06, 2016, 04:01:33 PM ---Yeah, watching Stranger Things gave me the confidence that my future goal of a Mrs. Friedas TV show ISN'T too weird to succeed. If they can do it we can do it lmao

--- End quote ---

Too weird wouldn't exactly be the problem, more the cohesion of plot and the ratking of story threads and tones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version