The Drunk and the Ugly > Show Discussion

Criticism and Comments

(1/7) > >>

Capman:
This is a thread for general show criticism.

We have a submission box available at http://drunkanduglysuggestions.tumblr.com/ask. Use this for any ideas, quick comments, or anonymous comments. Please don’t hold back here.

If you have a more personal or indepth critique come to the forums. The comment section is still available and under new Management. Our own Joshua “No Butt Stuff” Chichester will be around waiting to talk to everyone and anyone. Don’t worry, he may look mean, but he is a sweety.

Travis (or Sam) and I will be your go-to for any urgent questions or needs concerning the podcast. If you’re curious about posting schedules, if you want to know more about a campaign, have a concern, etc, come to us. We’ll be checking email at thedrunkandtheugly@gmail.com, checking comments on the actual play site, comments on the Let’s Play channel, and private messages here on the forum. We’re happy to talk to you and make sure your voice is being heard.

Travis (like every dog) loves attention. Please. Pet him. And also feed him treats and comments via skype: tgasque3 or a PM on the forums.

Also, for the foreseeable future, the Drunk and Ugly Patreon will cease. We want to thank those of you who backed the project and gave us money to help us do this thing we love doing. With the podcast restructuring and focusing on content creation, we’re stretched too thin to reliably give our backers the experience we have promised. This month’s rewards will be fulfilled, and the last round of submissions will be used to ensure the website and forums stay hosted through the year.

We’ll readress the Patreon system going forward, once we have the time and ability to properly devote to it.

Building this podcast going forward is going to take some hard work. We want your criticism; we need it to continue improving and growing. Your voices are important to us and we want to hear them. Help us, and together we can ensure that we are all proud of this podcast.

luffy316:
felt like it needed something here, so ups and downs on the latest stuff.

been loving 7th Sea. the whole thing's interesting to learn about as a world and a system, and while it hasn't been over the top action or humor, there's a very interesting pace to it all. things are going on that make it feel bigger than the party, but never quite overwhelming to them. everyone's felt consistently intriguing. while I'd be posting about "what's a servo skull?" or "What's Tac-Net?" in other lore-heavy games, I feel comfortable sitting back and gradually learning "What is a fate witch?" and "How is fake-fantasy England different than real England?" and "Why is Deckland cursed to obey leadership?" Things keep leaking in gradually in a way that feels really compelling with a self-aware theatrical nature

Monster Hearts just felt like it wasn't for me, but in a strictly personal chemistry thing since I know there's people digging it. I read over the system when Max offered it as a tool, but shrugged it off for encouraging stereotypes that I just didn't care for. if I wanted a Powered By Apocalypse with monsters and cults, I'd go Monster of the Week. if I wanted super powered kids, I'd go Monsters & Other Childish Things. I prefer my drama with extra cheese and my monsters powers loose and bizarre

also been liking the Let's Plays, but I took some special enjoyment in the Final Fantasy 5 run. a real marathon of 4 hours, but had some fun trivia and conversations that come up

Sabwones:
7th Sea is very much all about having a huge framework of a world for the GM to play with, so that sense of discovery is absolutely at the core of the system - made better yet by he fact that John Wick's attitude to going off-script or using house rules is 'sure, so long as it's fun'. The games I've played have always capitalized on the theatrical nature of the world and story, so you always seem to be learning stuff about people and the world at a dramatically appropriate point.

Monster Hearts has always been a bit polarizing. I...kinda like it. I'm not too sold, as you said, on the fact that the character skins all push players to be abusive, selfish dickweeds, but I've found that it's when players push against the framework and try to move out of that zone that the game starts to light up. I suppose that may have been the original point - to make being a 'good' character very tricky when all the benefits of your skin tend to revolve around being a bastard. I think that above all else, Monster Hearts needs good players as well as a good MC to keep things from getting to morbid and self-destructive.

Now, Dungeon World...I've had bad, bad experiences with that bloody system.

Nayt:
My major criticism at the moment is Kevin not returning my calls. We had a lovely evening together last week, and though I've tried to reach out to him since then--every hour on the hour, of course--he hasn't returned a single call.

Kevin:

--- Quote from: Nayt on July 22, 2016, 01:20:35 PM ---My major criticism at the moment is Kevin not returning my calls. We had a lovely evening together last week, and though I've tried to reach out to him since then--every hour on the hour, of course--he hasn't returned a single call.

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry.  I have to come clean.  It's the cyborg thing.  I just can't handle it.  Not after last time.  You're a lovely person, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version